Thursday, July 31, 2014

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

This is one of those books that I would never have put down if I didn't have, you know, like responsibilities and such.  If I didn't know that my kids were gonna rouse me from my blissful "I just finished this awesome book" sleep at like 6 blahblahblah AM, I totally would have powered through and finished it last night.  But, alas, I have a life, and therefor I had to wait to find out what happens.  It was a great wait though.  This book was suspenseful and dramatic, descriptive and imaginative in a way that kinda made me wish it were longer.  I would have liked more story, but alas, I think that would have screwed up the point, the whole idea of being liars and all.

Final Recommendations: if you like a quick-paced mysteries, affluent families and their copious problems, idealistic youth


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about how addicting this book was! I've heard people say that they totally saw the twist coming, but I didn't. So glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete