Saturday, July 26, 2014

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

Let me preface this review with a few of my random reading preferences.  I traditionally prefer contemporary YA written by dudes with a male narrator.  I think I have realized why...female narrators hit too close to home.  That being said, this book made me super-uncomfortable and wonderful all at the same time.  The raw, beautiful narration captured so many of the true emotions of being a teenager, that I could not put it down (I actually finished it in less than 24 hours).  All of the characters were so well written, I wish they were my friends!  This is a definite addition to my classroom library!

Final Recommendations: if you like contemporary YA, great characters, angsty teens, or fabulous music.


No comments:

Post a Comment