Friday, July 25, 2014

Of Triton by Anna Banks

You know what's the best part of a book about mermaids?  The mermaids!  This second installment in Anna Banks' Syrena Trilogy was far batter than the original (which is not the usual fair with a trilogy I find).  I enjoyed it more because as a reader I really enjoy the background and build-up of a fantasy world.  In the original book, Of Poseidon, the main characters spent far too much time on land and we did not get to experience the true underwater world of the Syrena.  In this book, however, much of the mystery, conflict and intrigue occur in the deep blue sea!  I also enjoyed the development of Banks' characters and their relationships from the 1st book to the 2nd.  There is a 3rd book (which I will totally read) and I am interested to see where it goes since I felt as if Of Triton really tied up a lot of the story.

Final Recommendations: if you like mythology, mysterious sea creatures, underwater romance, a quick/short fun read!


No comments:

Post a Comment