Monday, July 21, 2014

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

I didn't know if I would like this book from the beginning.  I was put off by the present tense of the narrative (I guess I read a lot of past tense).  I also had trouble transitioning between the chapters written in 1st person narrated by our main character Emma and those written in 3rd person detailing Galen's story (I am still not quite convinced as to why the author didn't just write both narratives in 1st person?).  Overall, however, I liked the story.  There was a lot of good set up, a little mystery, and a nice touch of romance.  Still, the inconsistencies in narration, along with several gaps in the story (I felt in jumped time-wise a bit and few of the ancillary characters were a bit unbelievable and too convenient), I would continue to read the story (it's a trilogy, are we surprised?).

Final Recommendations: A light, fun, quick read; if you like mythological creatures, the ocean, romance, a bit of mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment