Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

If you enjoyed Kiera Cass' The Selection series but thought, "hey this needs more magical super-powers," then this is the series for you.  I enjoyed this book.  I liked the main character, Mare Barrow (pretty great name) and did not find her as self-reflecting, self-centered or generally whiny as ya heroines can sometimes become.  I enjoyed watching her grow into her powers but felt there could have been more of this.  And in the end, although I saw the two major plot twists developing as they happened, they were both very unique and satisfying.  I look forward to seeing more from this fascinating fantasy world.

Final Recommendations: if you like kick-butt heroines, x-men type powers, class struggles, forbidden romance, evil queens


No comments:

Post a Comment