Friday, April 18, 2014

Cress by Marissa Meyer

At over 500 pages long, can I say that this book was not long enough? Seriously this book could have been twice the size and I still don't think we would have gotten into each and every character as fully as I would have liked. That being said, what we did get was pretty amazing. The best part of the Lunar Chronicle series, in my humble opinion, is the friendships. Don't you feel like you are a member of the Rampion's crew? Star Pilot Katie Fatiga reporting for duty! Each one of the members of this ever-expanding rag-tag bunch of misfits is endearing in his or her own way. In this book, we got to know the inside depths of Thorne's character in a very clever way (thanks to his sudden dependence on Cress). And oh Cress, sweet, sweet nerdy Cress. I feel like she is the reader's character in all her obsessive nerdy, gleeful goodness. What a great addition. I also enjoyed that we got back to more Cinder scenes (thank you to the last 10 pages especially). And less Scarlet scenes (whom I never really connected with anyway). 
The short and sweet: great story, action packed, romantic, and fabulous engaging characters. You should really read this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment