Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

Let me start this review by stating that I really liked The Fifth Wave.  I liked its humor, realistic narrators and divergence from the traditional "evil government" post apocalyptic trope (I mean aliens was a refreshing change of pace right?).  I also loved the twist at the end.  For all its faults, I will say that I would recommend anyone to continue this series if just to get to that mind blowing twist toward the end (well done Mr. Yancey).  But this book, as a whole, was not nearly as funny or plot driven or even coherent as the first.  I had trouble differentiating between narrators or remembering who was who.  We did not spend nearly enough time with Cassie and the time we did spend with her was a bit of a downer (I guess alien invasions will eventually have that effect on you).  I did, however, enjoy getting to know Ringer.

Final Recommendations: if you like kick-butt heroines, aliens?, epic surprises


No comments:

Post a Comment