Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab

I understand that this book is technically filed in the "adult" category.  It is written under Victoria Schwab's "adult" pen name and was definitely priced for the "adult" market (thank goodness for teacher discounts and birthday presents), however, I firmly stand behind my review that it is totally readable by ANY group of people, especially young adults.  This book is magical, from its awesome cover to the awesome insides, it's all good.  The world is so unique, it takes me back to being a preteen who would give anything to belong to the world of Harry Potter.  The characters, as well, are so fascinating, I cannot wait to get my hands on future installments.

Final Recommendations: if you like magic, kick-ass heroes and heroins, fantastic world building, and simply great story telling


No comments:

Post a Comment