Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mortal Heart by Robin Lafevers

I love this series and if you have not already run out to purchase the first installment in this fabulous trilogy (Grave Mercy)...what are you waiting for?!  It has all this things that I love best about high fantasy: mystery, history, & fantastic world building.  It's the kind of book that makes you want to immediately jump on the internet to figure out if any of the details are actually true (they are).  Then, you unintentionally get lost down the rabbit hole that is Wikipedia and resurface some time tomorrow!

Mortal Heart is a wonderful story, but perhaps, not my favorite of the trilogy.  I loved the different vignettes and situations that Annith found herself in.  I could have spent forever with the Hellequin or Saint Arduinna's followers.  I just maybe felt it was a bit rushed in places it need not be.  But oh that ending was miraculous.  And I cannot go without tears when you tie in the love of a mother for her child, no matter how ill-placed it may be.

Final Recommendations: READ THIS SERIES...immediately, if you like mysterious mythology, history, royalty, kick-ass girls, hot gods


No comments:

Post a Comment