Monday, August 3, 2015

Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier

So this one gets bumped up to 3 stars based mostly on the fact that I loved the Ruby Red Trilogy by the same author.  If you have not read this fun time-traveling saga, lucky you, you can binge-read the entire series (Ruby Red is the 1st one) now.  But, I digress.  Dream a Little Dream wasn't bad.  The main character was likable, the concept was descent (lucid dreams made possible by a potential demonic presence), but I didn't feel as if the plot really went anywhere.  There were no big reveals and by the end, I didn't feel like I understood what was going on any better than when I started the novel?  It also should be stated that the translation (from German) was not as smooth in this novel nor as funny as it was in the Ruby Red series.  I will probably pick up the 2nd book in this series when it comes out, simply to try and figure out what the heck is going on?

Final Recommendations: if you like mystery, dream psychology, high school drama, not super-scary demons, too many hot guys to really remember which is which?


No comments:

Post a Comment