Monday, June 22, 2015

The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey

I love serious fantasy.  I love fantastical beings in fantastical setting.  I even enjoy a god semi-fantasy where fantastical elements infiltrate our normal lives.  That being said, although I really enjoyed the premise of this novel and will probably continue the series, I did not fall in love with it.  The book starts of with a runaway living in a library (dreams do come true) who is adopted by a mysterious race of bird-people?  I, unfortunately couldn't get into the bird-people.  The suspension of my disbelief just could not wrap its little brain around people with feathers and how that could in anyway be cute?  Other than that, there are also dragon-people, I do like dragon people, and a pretty strong lead character.  But it struck too close to Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (for which I also only had luke-warm feelings).

Final Recommendations: if you liked Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor, mythological races, epic grudges, a little romance, destiny, strong female characters


No comments:

Post a Comment