Saturday, November 29, 2014

Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes

GAH...400 pages and we are no closer to finding the damn Kindred than we were in the 1st book!  Talk about a filler novel!  I'm not saying that I will not read the next installment, cause I totally will.  But come on, there better be some Kindred finding, magic wielding and clear romantic partner picking (cause I am old and need concrete answers as to whom I am supposed to ship, stop thinking everyone is hot and every kiss is magical!).   Overall, my biggest disappointment with this book was that while lots of things happened (I mean Morgan Rhodes is NOT afraid of killing characters off).  Nothing actually HAPPENED.  We are no closer in this book to discovering anything or getting anywhere (like actually, that road isn't anywhere close to finished).

Final Recommendations: if you like high fantasy, explosive magic, vaguely bad guys, truly bad guys, a whole lot of blood & if you were invested enough in the first book to continue on regardless of whether anything happens til the 3rd or 4th installment.


No comments:

Post a Comment